New programme of regular events at the Arts Centre, including:
- Wide range of weekly Yoga sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with Chris Willis and Saturday mornings with Ty Lynne. See: http://ashburtonarts.org.uk/yoga-at-the-arts-centre/
- Regular monthly Life Drawing studio session upstairs from 11am – 1.30pm with Andrew Stacey. Suggested donation £8. Some boards and easels now available to use.
- Ashburton Arts Community Choir on Tuesdays, 7.30 – 9pm. All welcome. £5 – just turn up.
- Belly Dancing on Thursdays at 6.30pm with Pat Langman. £5 Just turn up.
- Social Dance Hub: Weekly Sunday Night Swing Dance Session, at 6-7.30pm, upstairs at the Arts Centre to allow people to dance, swing & lindy hop in a free and creative style. All ages welcome. Led by teacher Jarl. Come along and check it out. All ages welcome! £5 adult / £3.
- Kids Swing Club – a chance for young people and their parents to play around, enjoy the music and learn the building blocks of swing dance. 6pm-7pm:
- Adults: 7pm - 9pm: Not a traditional formal class set up but is a fun lesson encouraging participants to explore rhythms and styles rather than focus on technicalities and routines.
- Regular ‘Platform Cinema’ on Fridays approximately once a month
- Thursday 1 August: The People’s String Foundation: Res Publica. Two live musicians, virtuoso violinist Ben Sutcliffe and co-founder and composer Zaid Al-Rikabi, plus a 32-piece virtual orchestra on film. Tickets:£13/£10/£6.
- Friday 2 August: 2021: A Cornish Space Odyssey at 7.30pm in Ashburton Community Arts Centre. A brand new piece of devised theatre from Theatre Royal Plymouth Lab Associates, ‘The Narwhal Ensemble’ directed by Nicole Redfern. Blending new writing by Chelsea Vincent & Sam Parker, music/sound composition by Daisy Higman, grungy aesthetics and live sound technology. Produced by Helen Bovey and performed by Roxane Boulbin, Chelsea Vincent, John Inkerman and Alex Robins, this is an electric show with a human heart. A regional story about big dreams and small places. For tickets at £13/£10/£5 click here.
- Sunday 4 August: Piano recital at 4pm from Jenny Quick
- Tuesday 6 August: Talk at 7.30pm by Sam McArthur of NoBrow Press
· Wednesday 7 August: Between Us Will Bartlett & Kate Mullins.
· Friday 9 August: The Diamond Family Archive with Tim Jones Band.
· Saturday 10 August: Theo Mizú Band (from Brazil).
· Monday 12 August: Matt Carter Septet.