- Wide range of weekly Yoga sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with Chris Willis and Saturday mornings with Ty Lynne. See: http://ashburtonarts.org.uk/yoga-at-the-arts-centre/
- Regular monthly Life Drawing studio session upstairs from 11am – 1.30pm with Andrew Stacey. Suggested donation £8. Some boards and easels now available to use.
- Ashburton Arts Community Choir on Tuesdays, 7.30 – 9pm. All welcome. £5 – just turn up.
- Belly Dancing on Thursdays at 6.30pm with Pat Langman. £5 Just turn up.
- Repair Cafe on the third Saturday of every month from 10am – 1pm. Bring your broken stuff and see if the local volunteer experts can fix it. They'll expect a small donation if they can and if you can.
- Social Dance Hub: Sunday Night Swing Dance Session led by Rose and Jarl, at 6-7.30pm, upstairs at the Arts Centre to allow people to dance, swing & lindy hop in a free and creative style. All ages welcome, whether you're a regular dancer, or a complete beginner. No previous experience necessary – just turn up just before 6pm. They aim to make it fun for everyone. Come along and check it out. Donations invited of £5 adult / £3.
- Kids Swing Club – a chance for young people and their parents to play around, enjoy the music and learn the building blocks of swing dance. 6pm-7pm:
- Adults: 7pm - 9pm: Not a traditional formal class set up but is a fun lesson encouraging participants to explore rhythms and styles rather than focus on technicalities and routines.
- Regular ‘Platform Cinema’ on Fridays approximately once a month
· Monday 30 September: Alison Rayner Quintet: Steve Lodder (piano); Deirdre Cartwright (guitar); Alison Rayner (double bass); Buster Birch (drums & percussion); Diane McLoughlin (saxophones); 7.30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Friday 4 October: Trio of Men: Dementialand at 7.30pm. Hugh Nankivell (keyboards), Ben Ballard (percussions) & Steve Sowden (guitar, loops). Municipal song-makers from South Devon - synonymous with joyful instant song-making at festivals, hospitals, nursery schools and with experimental choirs. They have crafted unexpected happenings & cosmic rituals. Their current preoccupation is ‘Dementialand’ - a sequence of songs based on experiences in care homes, on dementia wards & with family members. It is a post-truth land of textured wallpaper, dislocated communications, support packages & unstoppable voices. £10 or £8 or £5 book via www.wegottickets.com/ashburtonlive.
· Saturday 5 October: Treppenwitz; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Sunday 6 October: ‘Sam Richards at 70: About Time’ at 7.30pm: A live evening as he brings with him, 17 other leading musicians from around South Devon to celebrate his septcentenary; a wonderfully colourful life of jazz, improvisation, music, poetry and eventful connections. ‘About Time’ has been an evolving piece since it was first conceived in 1998. Its central idea, explored in its four pages, involves the way musical time passes. Each performance throughout the last 20 years has seen various re-writes, but Sam Richards maintains that the 2019 version is the final one. £14; £10 or £6 via www.wegottickets.com/event/484530.
· Monday 7 October: Alison Rayner Quintet; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 9 October: Gustav Bensel Hot Club; 7.30pm; £8/£5/£3
· Friday 11 October: Jambones and GC3: Two trios; 7:30pm; tba
· Sunday 13 October: Liane Carroll; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 16 October: Sunsplash (Philip Clouts, Neil Maya, etc); 7.30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Sunday 20 October: Kitty MacFarlane; 8pm; £12 click here to book
· Tuesday 22 October: Sur Ecoute; 7.30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 23 October: Boo Hewerdine; 7:30 pm; £10 click here (£1 fee)
· Friday 25 October: Film: Fisherman’s Friends (12a); 7.30pm
· Saturday 26 October: ISQ; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Saturday 2 November: Mama Tokus's social music club - The Get-Together; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Sunday 3 November: Nic Meier Quartet; 7.30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Friday 8 November: Katy Hurt 7.30pm tba.
· Saturday 9 November: Ma Bessie Pigfoot [TBC]; 7:30 pm; £10/£8/£5
· Sunday 10 November: The Songs of Nick Drake: Keith James; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 13 November: The Ranch (Maltese Band); 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Friday 15 November: Heg & Julu; 7:30pm
· Saturday 16 November: TwoManTing; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Sunday 17 November: Joy Ellis Quartet; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 20 or Thursday 21 November: The Joint Chiefs [TBC]; 7:30pm
· Friday 22 November: Twelfth Day; 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Saturday 23 & 24 November: Patched Fools: The Lady Vanishes; 3pm [TBC]
· Saturday 23 November: Weird Dog 3
· Sunday 24 November: Fourth Page (Carolyn Hume, etc); 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 27 November: The Little Unsaid; 7:30 pm; £13/£10/£6
· Wednesday 4 December: Al Swainger Chick Corea Project; 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Thursday 5 December: Fran & Flora; 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Saturday 7 December; Pet Yeti; 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6
· Saturday 14 December; Neil Burns Quintet, featuring Steve Waterman & Terry Quinney; 7:30pm; £13/£10/£6